F921® Double Wall Steel Design
- Meets UL 142, Standard for Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Double-wall design offers integral, impermeable secondary containment to meet EPA SPCC requirements
- The primary and secondary tanks can be tightness tested on-site with standard testing procedures, or the manufacturer may ship with vacuum in the interstice to prove the integrity of both walls during installation
- Interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals
- Support designs available for all seismic requirements
- Choose from many integral support types, including saddles and skids
- Vertical tanks supported on legs, and skirted available, with Listing label
- Capacities range up to 75,000 gallons
- Steel construction allows for recycling
- Low-cost compartments and customization
- Built to nationally-recognized STI standards with strict third-party quality control inspection program
F921® Guideline Specification
- Provide F921® double-wall steel aboveground storage tanks.
- Tanks shall bear the Steel Tank Institute F921® Double-Wall Aboveground Storage Tank identification label.
- Product Description
- Tanks shall be manufactured in accordance with Steel Tank Institute F921®, Standard for Double-Wall Aboveground Storage Tanks.
- Aboveground tank primary and secondary containment (inner and outer walls) shall be manufactured in accordance and listed with Underwriters Laboratories UL 142, Standard for Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids.
- Tanks shall be double-wall with a steel inner wall for primary containment and provide integral secondary containment by an impervious steel outer wall.
- Integral secondary containment shall be testable and provide access for interstitial leak detection monitoring.
- Listed supports shall be used for all horizontal, rectangular and vertical double-wall tanks. Supports are designed for seismic loading, if necessary.
- The manufacturer shall be a licensed member company of the Steel Tank Institute and subject to Steel Tank Institute’s Quality Assurance program.
Get a project quote today!
We’ll put together a customized quote about your project and work with you to get started on your project.
Let’s build something together!