- 2-hour 2000° fire-test, as required by Southwest Research Institute Standard SwRI 97-04, validates performance of non-insulated tanks
- Primary and secondary tank can be tightness tested on site with standard testing procedures, or manufacturer may ship with vacuum in the interstice to prove integrity of both walls during installation
- Interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals
- Support designs available for all seismic requirements
- Choose from many integral support types, including saddles and skids
- Vertical tanks supported on legs, and skirted available with listing label
- Capacities range up to 75,000 gallons
- Steel construction allows for recycling
- Low-cost compartments and customization
- Built to nationally-recognized STI standards with strict third-party quality control inspection program
Compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals, including biodiesel and ethanol.
Flameshield® Guideline Specification
- Provide Flameshield® 2-hour 2000° fire-tested double-wall aboveground storage tanks.
- Tanks shall bear the Steel Tank Institue Flameshield® identification label.
- Aboveground tanks shall bear Southwest Research Institute 97-04 label
- Product Description
- Tanks shall be manufactured in accordance with Steel Tank Institue Flameshield® Standard for Aboveground Tanks.
- Aboveground tank primary and secondary containment (inner and outer walls) shall be manufactured in accordance and listed with Underwriters Laboratories UL 142, Standard for Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids.
- Integral secondary containment shall be testable and provide access for interstitial leak detection monitoring.
- Listed supports shall be used for all horizontal, rectangular, and vertical tanks. Supports are designed for seismic loading, if necessary.
- Manufacturer shall be a licensed member company of the Steel Tank Institue and subject to Steel Tank Institue’s Quality Assurance program.
Get a project quote today!
We’ll put together a customized quote about your project and work with you to get started on your project.
Let’s build something together!