The UL-2085 standard is set by the National Fire Protection Association, which aims to reduce the amount of risk associated with hazards related to flammable and combustible liquids with the goal of increased public safety. The requirements associated with the UL-2085 standard focus on:
- Design features of the tank, such as the fitting and joints.
- Materials used to manufacture the tank.
- Intended use of the tank, venting requirements, and leak detection.
- Strength tests, leakage tests, and buoyancy requirements.
- Other marking requirements determine if the tank meets compliance.
Fireguard tanks for Lannon Tank are UL-2085 compliant and offer four hours of fire resistance, making it the ideal tank for storing highly combustible fluids like avgas and jet fuel.
There are some key differences between the UL-142 and UL-2085 standards. In short, tanks that meet the UL-2085 standard offer more protection as they are often double-walled and/or are made with stronger carbon steel materials. UL-142 tanks are welded steel vessel tanks. Like UL-2085 tanks, UL-142 tanks also are used to store flammable and combustible fluids. However, the UL-142 tank is intended to store noncorrosive, stable fluids that have a gravity not exceeding that of water.
Aside from being UL-2085 compliant, our fireguard tanks are customizable in terms of size, holding up to 75,000 gallons. We also offer low-cost compartments and customizations, allowing us to meet the specific needs of each of our clients. We also keep the environment in mind during manufacturing–our steel construction is recyclable, so when it is time to replace your tank, you can feel good about your environmentally conscious decision to work with us.
The following are a few features specific to the Fireguard tanks that we manufacture:
- lnsulates product in the tank from ambient temperature variations, reducing emissions to the environment
- The primary and secondary tanks can be tightness tested on-site with standard testing procedures, unlike other designs
- Steel outer wall provides low-cost maintenance and protection from weathering.
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals, including biodiesel and ethanol.
- Support designs available for all seismic requirements
- interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection.
- Meets temperature requirements when the furnace test was extended to 4 hours
- UL-2085 is Listed “Protected” tank
- Ballistics and impact protection per UL-2085
- Both the inner and outer steel tanks are built to UL standards
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 30 & 30A
- International Fire Code (lFC)
- California Air Resources Board (CARB) Standing Loss Control testing requirements for air emissions
- Steel Tank lnstitute (STl) Standard F94Lfor Protected Aboveground Storage Tanks
Fireguard tanks offer durability, reliability, and high performance. Designed for safety and long service life, Fireguard tanks are required to pass tests for 110% secondary containment, ballistics, and vehicle impact resistance. To learn more about Fireguard tanks, the UL-2085 standard, or receive a quote, be sure to reach out. We will be in touch shortly!